Please visit the page vistoperitalia.esteri.it or click on the following link for all informations about general rules and practical instructions about visas for Italy:
ATTENTION – IMPORTANT NOTICE!
- Please note that the procedure for issuing a Schengen Visa requires at least 15 working days from the time when the application is submitted. Given that no entry Visa can be issued in a shorter period of time, it is highly recommended to submit your application well in advance, i.e. at least 30 days before departure to Italy
- Visa applicants shall come in person on the day of their appointment, and cannot delegate others, to submit their own visa application form (duly filled and signed) and all the supporting documents and provide their fingerprints (when required).
- Fingerprints will not be collected in the following cases:
- children younger than twelve years of age;
- applicants who are physically unable to be fingerprinted;
- Heads of State and Head of Government as well as of National Governments members, including their accompanying spouses and members of their official delegation.
- Visa applications containing false informations, or filed with forged documents will be refused. Forged documents will be handed over to the relevant Ethiopian authorities for criminal prosecution.
- There is no subjective right for the applicant to be granted a visa. The final decision on issuing a visa is solely the responsibility of the officials in charge of the Visa section at the Embassy of Italy, regardless of the documentation provided and the amount paid to submit the application.
- Information on visa requirements and procedures can be provided exclusively by the officials of the visa section at the Embassy, on the Embassy website, and by the VFS Global visa application centre.
- The sole agency authorized to cooperate with the Embassy of Italy in Addis Abeba is the VFS Global application centre. We therefore would recommend all applicants to refrain from accepting any offer made by any other websites, agencies or other individuals claiming to be able to book an early appointment on your behalf, provided that you pay a fee. The Embassy of Italy wishes to stress that there is no connection at all between the Embassy itself and such websites, agencies or individuals and reserves its right to take action where appropriate.
- Applicants who have been issued a visa are requested to carefully read the information concerning “Rights and duties of foreign citizens entering Italy” available at the following links:
VISA APPLICATION FORMS AND DOCUMENTS TO BE PRESENTED
The visa application and all the supporting documents shall be submitted in hard copy at the time of the appointment. Documents submitted by email or fax will not be filed.
Make sure to be able to submit all necessary documents on the day of your appointment.
You are kindly requested to provide both original documents and a copy of them.
In special cases the embassy avails itself the right to require further documents.
- Short term visa
- Tourism visa
- Business visa
- Sport visa
- Medical visa
- Long term visa
- Study visa
- Dependent work visa
HOW DO I APPLY FOR MY VISA?
VFS Global is appointed as the outsourced partner by the Embassy of Italy in Addis Ababa to facilitate visa applications to Italy and Schengen countries. Such service is available for residents in the three countries of accreditation of the Embassy of Italy: Ethiopia, Djibouti and South Sudan.
The Visa Office of this Embassy does not use external intermediaries with the exception of the agency VFS Global. The use of any other external intermediaries does NOT in any way influence the outcome of the visa application decision. Visa applicants are cautioned to remain wary of any external consultancy agencies that suggest they can influence the outcome of visa applications in any way.
The visa application centre managed by VFS Global is located in Addis Ababa, and is entitled to collect short term visas applications (Schengen visas until 90 days) . It is possible to book appointments online 24/24 by visiting the website www.vfsglobal.com/italy/Ethiopia. The contact details of the centre are as follows:
- Address:Haimi Apartment Hotel (1st floor, Home number 74), Bole Sub City, Woreda 3, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
- Working hours: The centre operates on Wednesdays and Fridays from 09.30am to 12.00pm.
- Tel: +251 960 43 7204 (from 08:00 to 15:00).
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
To file your visa application trough the VFS Global visa application centre, we invite you to book your appointment through the VFS booking platform.
Visa applicants not willing to file their visa application at the VFS Global centre, may still submit it at the Visa Section of the Embassy of Italy. Appointments at the Visa Section can be booked only by the Embassy’s online booking platform “Prenot@Mi”
- each applicant shall book one appointment for each person. Please be informed that groups of people who have booked a single appointment will result in the acceptance of only one application.
- remember to print your booking receipt with date and time of your appointment, and to present it at the entrance of the Embassy.
- if you cancel your appointment, you will not be allowed to reschedule it by phone, email or in person. You will need to make a new reservation through the online booking system “Prenot@Mi”.
- For special cases or in situations of proven urgency, please contact the visa section at the following email address: email@example.com
Please note that National visas, official delegations and diplomatic visas and long term visas (such as long-term study, family reunion) are handled only by the Visa Section of the Embassy of Italy.
HOW DO I APPLY FOR A FAMILY REUNION VISA?
You don’t need an appointment to apply for a family reunion visa. You can file your application and all the required supporting documents directly at the visa section of the Italian Embassy every day, from Monday to Friday from 08.30 am to 10.30 am.
HOW DO I COLLECT MY VISA?
if you filed your visa application throug the VFS Global visa application center:
- you will receive an appointment from the VFS staff on the date of submission of your visa application
if you filed your visa application to the Visa section of the Italian Embassy (through the online booking system):
- you will receive an appointment from the staff of the Embassy on the date of submission of your visa application
PROTECTION OF INDIVIDUALS WITH REFERENCE TO THE PROCESSING OF PERSONAL DATA
Information on the protection of individuals with reference to the processing of personal data for the issuance of an entry visa in Italy and in the Schengen area (General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679, art. 13)